The 2nd annual Bellevue Jazz Festival will feature singer Dianne Reeves and the Mingus Big Band. The festival will span Memorial Day Weekend, Friday, May 22nd – Sunday, May 24th.
The festival, which is produced by the Bellevue Downtown Association, will play host to over 20 free jazz concerts over that weekend.
Here is a list of some of the featured artists during the Bellevue Jazz Festival:
- Dianne Reeves Strings Attached – May 22, 9 p.m. 4-time Grammy winning vocalist, with guitar masters Russell Malone and Romero Lubambo.
- Mingus Big Band– May 23, 9 p.m. Renowned avant-garde ensemble celebrating the music of the legendary jazz composer and bassist Charles Mingus.
- Kurt Elling – May 22, 7 p.m. Preeminent jazz singer, and Down Beat Critics Poll Male Vocalist of the Year for 9 consecutive years.
- Patricia Barber – May 23, 7 p.m. Adventurous and inventive singer, songwriter, and pianist, highly-acclaimed for her 2008 release The Cole Porter Mix.
- Danilo Perez – May 23, 2 p.m. Grammy winning Panamanian pianist and composer, among the most influential and dynamic musicians of our time.
- Mose Allison Trio – May 24, 2 p.m. Celebrated pianist, singer, and composer, famous for his fusion of rustic blues and jazz, embellished with profound and often humorous lyrics.
Tickets can be purchased for individual concerts, but also offered is an all-access package which includes entrance into all 6 of the featured artists’ performances and entry into the VIP party on Friday.