With lows in the 20’s and wind chill making it feel like single-digit weather in Downtown Bellevue, many of us this week were looking for ways to warm up! There are plenty of places to cozy up by a fire and ways to warm up your winter. Here are a few suggestions.
- Hot Beverages From hot chocolate to hot toddies, warm drinks are perfect for the holiday season and frigid temperatures.
– Starbucks: Caramel Brulee Latte, Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread Latte, Caramel Apple Spice, or Signature Hot Chocolate
– Tully’s: Pumpkin Spice Latte, Egg Nog Latte, Gingersnap Latte, Peppermint Mocha, Cherry Cordial Mocha, or Ginger Spiced Cider
– Fireside Drinks @ The Bravern: Every Wednesday in December, starting at 4pm, enjoy complimentary holiday beverages from John Howie Steak, Artisanal, Wild Ginger and Trophy Cupcakes at The Bravern’s outdoor fireplaces.
- Fireside Whether it’s a place to cozy up or a bit of restaurant romance, we love fireplaces in winter.
– The Lodge @ Bellevue Square: There’s a big fireplace, in between P.F. Chang’s and Starbucks, that’s a popular place for people to enjoy their coffee, work on their laptop, or wait for their dinner reservation. It’s one of the largest fireplaces in Downtown Bellevue.
– Cypress Lounge @ The Westin: The lower level of the lounge has 2 great fireplaces. They are modern and radiate lots of heat, so it’s a great spot to enjoy while sipping a cocktail or eating a snack.
– Earl’s: This new restaurant has grand onyx fireplaces in its dining room. Escape the windchill and chill out here for a hot happy hour, everyday from 3pm-6pm.
- Savory Soups Soup’s not just for when you’re sick! Don’t overlook this powerful treat to keep you warm all winter.
– City Soups @ Key Center: Over 60 delicious soup varieties to choose from. Try everything from Chicken Vegetable Noodle to Beef and Chili Mac Stew.
– What The Pho!: A great place for a great big bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup.
– Specialty’s: A fresh variety of daily soup specials from Chicken Noodle, to Vegan Chili, to Cream of Potato Cheddar.
- Cozy Hideouts
– Top Pot Doughnuts: With more than 40 different doughnuts to choose from, this brings a whole new meaning to comfort food.
– Lincoln Square Cinemas: Rather than experiencing the cold outdoors, come inside the movie theater to watch a winter movie on the big screen. “A Christmas Carol” in IMAX 3D has been a recent holiday favorite.
– Bellevue Square: You can’t discount the mall when it comes to escaping the elements. You know you still have that one person on your list to shop for!
Here’s the 5-day forcast for Downtown Bellevue. Let us know how you plan to warm up!