Ice skating, light shows, and gingerbread houses are coming soon to downtown Bellevue.
The Eastside’s 14th annual assortment of holiday attractions, Bellevue Magic Season, returns on Nov. 26 and runs through Jan. 9.
Magic Season includes ice skating at Bellevue Downtown Park, and light shows featuring winter characters on The Bellevue Collection’s sidewalks. Children will build gingerbread houses for display at Hilton Hotel Bellevue. Adults can enjoy live music, a nightly light show, and drinks by The Bravern’s heated fireplace.
Holiday productions, including “The Nutcracker” and “Miracle on 34th Street,” aim to entertain people of all ages at The Theater at Meydenbauer Center. The Garden d’Lights festival will transform Bellevue Botanical Garden into a sparkling winter wonderland.
Visit www.magicseason.com for details.
Group Health Ice Arena brought to you by Bank of America: November 26 – January 9
The Group Health Ice Arena brought to you by Bank of America presents the region’s only open–air holiday ice skating experience. The festive ice arena offers shelter for all-weather skating and stunning views of the park’s waterfall. For more information call (425) 453–1223, or visit magicseason.com.
- New! Larger ice skating rink
- Bellevue Downtown Park – NE 1st Street and 102nd Avenue NE
- $10 admission (includes $3 skate rental fee)
- Advance Discount Admission Pass – Purchase 10 skating passes for $75 (a $25 savings)
- Free Skate Mondays – Compliments of Bank of America (Show your Bank of America debit or credit card to receive two free skate admissions on Mondays, or pick up Free Skate Monday passes at a Downtown Bellevue banking center. For participating branches and promotion details, visit magicseason.com)
- Produced by the Bellevue Downtown Association
Snowflake Lane: November 26 – December 24
Produced by The Bellevue Collection
Experience the grandeur and tradition of Snowflake Lane along the sidewalks of Bellevue Way and NE 8th Street at The Bellevue Collection. Snow falls nightly as live toy soldiers and winter characters, music and a dazzling light show brighten the night. On November 26th, Santa arrives at 9 a.m. to his Workshop in Bellevue Square for photos, and Snowflake Lane premieres at 7 p.m.
- Bellevue Way and NE 8th Street
- Shows nightly at 7 p.m.
- Celebration Lane: December 26 – December 31
- Produced by The Bellevue Collection
Ring in the New Year with evening performances of Celebration Lane.
- Bellevue Way and NE 8th Street
- Shows nightly at 7 p.m.
For more information call (425) 454–8096, or visit bellevuecollection.com.
Garden d’Lights at the Bellevue Botanical Garden: November 27 – January 1
Supported by 98.1 Classical KING FM
This popular festival features over half a million lights which transform the Bellevue Botanical Garden into a blossoming winter wonderland. Over 150,000 people enjoy this dazzling display each year. Charlotte the spider remains a favorite and will be back in her web near the Ground Cover Garden. For tickets and more information call (425) 452–6844, or visit gardendlights.org.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden – 12001 Main Street
- Open nightly, 5–10 p.m. (last entry at 9:30 p.m.)
- New! Advance tickets and reservations are required and can be purchased at gardendlights.org
- $5 per person; children 10 and under free
- Free parking at Wilburton Hill Park
The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center: November 26 – December 31
Presented by 98.1 Classical KING FM
The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center hosts a magical holiday series of musical and dramatic productions by regional and local performance groups. For tickets contact Brown Paper Tickets at 800–838–3006 or visit brownpapertickets.com. For complete information on holiday performances call (425) 450–3810, or visit theatreatmeydenbauer.com. The Theatre is located at NE 6th Street and 112th Avenue NE.
- November 26–28: Bellevue Youth Theatre presents Miracle on 34th Street
- December 3–4: Attic Theatre presents The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- December 5: Bellevue Youth Symphony presents Magic of Mistletoe
- December 10–12, 17–19 & 22–23: International Ballet Theatre’s classical production of The Nutcracker
- December 20: Magical Strings presents A Celtic Yuletide
- December 31: Seattle Choral Company presents Carmina Burana
Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern: November 19 – December 31
Presented by The Shops at The Bravern
Enchanted Holidays kicks off November 19th at 6 p.m. Enjoy a holiday tree lighting, the arrival of Santa, a spectacular light show and live entertainment. For complete special event information and additional Enchanted Holidays activities, visit thebravern.com/holiday. The Shops at The Bravern – NE 8th Street and 112th Avenue NEPhotos with Santa – November 26–December 23. Visit thebravern.com/holiday for hours.
- Nightly Light Show – Shows at 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 p.m. in the NE 8th Arrival Court.
- Cool Winter Nights – Every Thursday in December from 5:30–7:30 p.m. Live music, drinks and bites near the covered and heated 110th fireplace. $5 entry benefits Childhaven. 21 and over.
- Breakfast with Mr. & Mrs. Claus at Mariposa in Neiman Marcus – December 4 and 11 from 9–10:30 a.m. Call (425) 452-3333 for reservations.
KidsQuest Children’s Museum’s Gingerbread Lane: December 3 – 9
Hosted by Hilton Hotel Bellevue
Build your own unique gingerbread structure and put it on display. Visit kidsquestmuseum.org for more information and to register for the gingerbread house workshops. Hilton Hotel Bellevue – 300 112th Avenue SE
- December 3–9: Gingerbread Lane Houses on Display at Hilton Hotel Bellevue
- December 4: Build your own unique gingerbread structure and put it on display. Activities include gingerbread house building workshops, photos with Santa, awards presentation, and a holiday children’s choir performance.
The Bellevue Magic Season is supported by the following sponsors and partners: Group Health, Bank of America, City of Bellevue, The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, The Bellevue Collection, Bellevue Botanical Garden, The Shops at The Bravern, The Seattle Times, KOMO 4 TV, KOMO Newsradio, STAR 101.5, 570 KVI, 98.1 Classical KING FM and Gravity Design.