The City of Bellevue recently launched its Commercial Rental Relief Grant program. This is intended to help small businesses that have been negatively impacted by the pandemic.
The Commercial Rental Relief Grant program provides a limited number of $2,500 – $15,000 grants to small, Bellevue businesses and non-profit arts organizations that meet specific criteria to help in paying back rent from a business that has experienced COVID-19 economic impacts. According to the City of Bellevue, the City Council recently authorized $500,000 from a federal grant to support the rental relief program.
The grant can only be used as a payment for rent, including utilizes, and other costs and fees related to the tenant’s occupancy of the rental property that the tenant is obligated to pay directly to the landlord.
* A small business or art specific (as determined by NAICS code) non-profit organization
* In possession of a Bellevue business license obtained on or before March 1st, 2020
* Employs 2-25 employees and has gross annual revenue under $5M
* Has back rent or lease arrears resulting from COVID-19 economic impacts or ensuing public health restrictions
* Business in good standing
* Business / tenant was not past due on rent prior to March 1, 2020
Applications can be submitted until October 10th. For more details, as well as the application, visit the website. If you have questions on the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.