The Great Bellevue Scavenger Hunt is returning after first occurring in October 2020. Join the “Spring into Summer” edition to compete with your friends, family, and neighbors. This entails fun challenges from May 28th until the first day of summer on June 20th.
The scavenger hunt is a virtual game played on a mobile device using the Good Chase app, which participants can download for free. The game allows families to explore in and around homes, neighborhoods, and the city of Bellevue by completing challenges to earn points and stack up against other teams. There are also prizes offered to challenge winners.
Teams earn points by answering trivia questions or taking pictures or videos in order to complete challenges. The challenges may include exploring local parks, getting savvy with spring cleaning at home, showing off your neighborhood, saving the planet with eco challenges, and more.
If you are interested in participating, the directions are below:
1. Download the free GooseChase app from any app store on your mobile device or by clicking the download link from the game’s informational flyer.
2. Create an account or log in as a guest. Only one account is needed per team.
3. Enter the game code BELLPLAY or search for “Spring into Summer: Great Bellevue Scavenger Hunt Returns” using the app’s search bar.
4. Select or create your team. Teams can have a single member or multiple people.
5. Once in the app, you will agree to a safety waiver and photo release to participate in the game.
All challenges follow the Healthy Washington – Roadmap to Recovery Plan.