The Bellevue Magic Season’s 16th year will kick off Friday, November 23rd, 2012 and will go through January 13th, 2013. Two of the largest attractions include The Chaplins Bellevue Volkswagen Ice Arena brought to you by Bank of America, as well as Snowflake Lane at The Bellevue Collection.
Other events during Bellevue Magic Season include: Garden d’Lights, The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern, and KidsQuest Children’s Museum Gingerbread Lane. See details on each event below.
Want to win two free passes to the Ice Area?
Enter to win two free passes to the Chaplins Bellevue Volkswagen Ice Arena by visiting the Downtown Bellevue Network Facebook Page and sharing your favorite Bellevue Magic Season event on the wall. Entries will be accepted until Monday, November 26, at which time a winner will be picked at random.
2012 BELLEVUE MAGIC SEASON EVENT LISTINGS
Chaplins Bellevue Volkswagen Ice Arena brought to you by Bank of America | November 23 – January 13
Produced by the Bellevue Downtown Association
The Chaplins Bellevue Volkswagen Ice Arena presents the region’s largest open-air holiday ice skating experience. The festive venue offers shelter for all-weather skating and seasonal food and beverage concessions. For more information call (425) 453–1223 or visit magicseason.com.
- Bellevue Downtown Park – NE 1st Street and 102nd Avenue NE
- $10 admission (Includes $3 skate rental fee)
- Advance Discount Admission Pass – Purchase 10 skating passes for $75 (a $25 savings)
- Special events including free lessons, discount days, Stroller Skating and family skate days
- Booking availability for private holiday and birthday parties
Snowflake Lane and Celebration Lane | November 23 – December 31
Produced and Presented by The Bellevue Collection
Experience the grandeur and tradition of Snowflake Lane November 23 through December 24 along the sidewalks of Bellevue Way and NE 8th Street at The Bellevue Collection. Snow falls nightly as live toy soldiers and winter characters, music and a dazzling light show brighten the night. Ring in the New Year with evening performances of Celebration Lane December 26 through December 31. Snowflake Lane and Celebration Lane are produced as a gift to the community from Kemper Freeman and The Bellevue Collection. For more information call (425) 454–8096 or visit bellevuecollection.com.
- Snowflake Lane: November 23 – December 24
- Celebration Lane: December 26 – December 31
- On the sidewalks of Bellevue Way and NE 8th Street
- Shows nightly at 7 p.m.
Garden d’Lights at the Bellevue Botanical Garden | November 24 – December 31
Supported by 98.1 Classical KING FM
The Garden d’Lights festival, brought to you by Bellevue Botanical Garden Society, features over half a million lights which transform the Bellevue Botanical Garden into a blossoming winter wonderland. For more information call (425) 452-6844 or visit gardendlights.org.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden – 12001 Main Street
- Open nightly, 5-10 p.m. (Last entry at 9:30 p.m.)
- Advance tickets available online at gardendlights.org
- $5 admission; children 10 and under free
- Free parking at Wilburton Hill Park
The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center | November 23 – December 30
Presented by 98.1 Classical KING FM
The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center hosts a magical series of musical and dramatic productions including Babes in Toyland, The Nutcracker and more by regional and local performance groups. For more information and a complete schedule of performances call (425) 450-3810 or visit theatreatmeydenbauer.com.
- Theatre at Meydenbauer Center – NE 6th Street and 112th Avenue NE
- Tickets for most shows available through Brown Paper Tickets: (800) 838-3006 or brownpapertickets.com
Enchanted Holidays at The Shops at The Bravern | November 23 – December 24
Presented by The Shops at The Bravern
Enjoy fun holiday activities for the whole family including photos with Santa, pony rides and weekly story time. For more information call (425) 456-8795 or visit thebravern.com.
- The Shops at The Bravern – 11111 NE 8th Street
- Photos with Santa: Wednesdays through Sundays, November 23-December 24 (12:00-6:00 p.m.)
- Pony Rides Sponsored by Barrier Motors: Weekends, November 24-December 23 (12:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Little Bookworms Story Time: Wednesdays, November 28-December 19 (11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
KidsQuest Children’s Museum’s Gingerbread Lane | December 1 – 16
Hosted by Hilton Hotel Bellevue
Enjoy the magic of the season with a display of unique gingerbread creations and KidsQuest Children’s Museum’s family gingerbread workshops. Local architecture firms, bakeries and businesses partner with KidsQuest Children’s Museum to custom design, bake and create awe-inspiring gingerbread structures displayed at the Hilton Hotel Bellevue. KidsQuest offers family gingerbread workshops with all the materials, snacks and holiday cheer. For more information and to sign-up for workshops, visit kidsquestmuseum.org.
- Hilton Hotel Bellevue – 300 112th Avenue SE
- Gingerbread Houses on display December 1 – 16
- Gingerbread Family Workshops: Friday, December 7 (6-8 p.m.); Saturday, December 8 (10:00-11:30 a.m., 12:30-2:00 p.m. and 2:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Family Concert: Saturday, December 8 (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
For more information visit magicseason.com.