Last week we reported on The Bravern’s 1-year anniversary and some of their milestones. Over the weekend the Seattle Times published an article on The Bravern and reported some interesting stats and information about the project:
- The retail space is 82% occupied (about 10 vacancies).
- Tom Woodworth, senior investment director for Schnitzer West, was quoted, “We have a number of retailers performing at their highest levels on a sales-per-square-foot basis in the country.”
- Neiman Marcus did not go into detail about performance, but commented that they were “very pleased” with the 1st year.
- John Howie set a goal for his new steakhouse, John Howie Steak, in 2007 before opening – $6.6 million in sales. Although not hitting the goal, he will come close – doing about $6.0 million (about 10-11% off his goal).
- The apartments at The Bravern are more than 55% occupied (not sure if this percent is just from the units available or the whole South Tower that was converted to Apartments).
- The Bravern plans to announce 2 – 3 new shops this fall.